Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm Here...

This won't be very in depth, but I wanted to say that I am still here! =) I hadn't put my finger on WHY I have been so out of the loop lately - until the other day when Beau said that it was because he's been so busy that he hasn't been able to relieve me. And I do believe he was correct. Things are going well at the camp so far this summer. Beau has had his plate very, very full and has been working even more hours than usual. He's been stressed off and on, but things are SOOOO MUCH better than last summer! The help he has maintaining the grounds and facilites and our three cooks (vs. ONE last summer) has made ALL the difference! Not to mention that it's not our first summer this year. That helps too.

He was actually able to take this weekend off - the first days he's had completely off in quite some time, and it was great! We relaxed for most of the day yesterday, then left the kids with a couple of girls who live near us, and we went to dinner and a movie. Things have been so busy lately that it felt like a "real date". It was so nice! Then today we went to church, put the kids down for naps, played "The Game of Life" together on the computer for a couple of hours (which is kind of a funny thing to do, I think), then we cooked out with the summer staff, went swimming, and played sand volleyball...well, Beau played, Ainsley and I watched until she fell asleep in the Baby Bjorn, and Asher had a great time "fetching" the ball when it was hit out of the court and playing with Gracie - an eight year old girl who is out here for the whole summer. So it's been a good weekend.

Tomorrow I've got to get busy. Beau's mom, Grammy, is coming on Tuesday to stay with Asher (and Beau :)) while Ainsley and I are gone to TX for the birth of my newest nephew, Jacob Allan! He's going to be here on Thursday!!! So I've got to make sure things are in order here before I leave on Wednesday. (I'll be back Saturday night or Sunday for those of you friends who are wondering. :))

So that's us in a nutshell. I hope you're all doing well!!!

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Love you weekend, your plan and that you are coming. I'll mis Asher but it will be so good to see you and Ainsley Grace. I Love you Princess.