Thursday, November 19, 2009

October 2009 Facebook Status Updates

I'll post them in the opposite order this time. Which do you think is better?

1st:
*Asher just said, "I'm a little boy, cause I can't draw a M."
*First of all, I feel pretty sure that overalls are completely illegal to wear anymore, and although I haven't pulled them out in a long time, I just needed to today. Sometimes it's just an overall day. And this afternoon, they just seemed so appropriate, as my kids were having so much fun playing outside, in the dirt, with nothing but their diapers on. I loved it! :)
2nd:
*Asher tee-teed in the potty THREE times today so far!!! Later, I did too...and he said, "Great job, Mommy! Now you can get some candy!"
4th:
*I had an EXCELLENT Sunday afternoon nap! They're the BEST kind!!!
5th:
*I told Asher I was going to fix biscuits this morning, and he said, "But not in the oven, I will be hot...in the MICROPHONE!" (He meant microwave...not that one can bake biscuits in the microwave.) :)
6th:
*Ainsley's walking around waving, saying, "Hiiii!" (in a good TX accent), and she figured out how to blow a whistle this morning - all by herself. She's a GENIUS! :)
7th:
*Getting ready to leave for Seattle with my sisters! (The dads are keeping the kids - except for Jacob.) Heading to Em's tonight and to the airport EARLY in the morning! We're so excited!!!
14th:
*My sisters and I had a GREAT trip to the Northwest! Beau did an amazing job with the kids while I was gone!
*Found out Asher has bronchitis - breathing treatments for a week or so.
*Beau is sick too. (The rest of us were soon to follow...)
15th:
*Asher just said, "I'm FRUSTRATED!" (I didn't even know he knew that word.) I said, "What are you frustrated about?" He said, "I KEEP dropping my animal crackers!" Yes, that IS frustrating! :) He then brought me a book, and said, "This isn't frustrated.", then put his bowl of animal crackers next to me and said, "But this is frustrated." That boy! He cracks me up!!!
*Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day
*I literally have a pulse in the center of my forehead, and my shoulders need a serious massage! I think those are markers of my stress level. I'm TRYING not to be stressed, but it's not working. Asher's the only one awake and still making noise, and it's even "cute" noise. He's asking me if his drawing is "almost beautiful"...but I'm ready for SILENCE! :)
20th:
*You think you've finally reached a moment of "quiet", and then a kid thinks he has to come play his drum right where you are. Oh well...:)...I wouldn't trade my little ones for anything in the world!!!
*For those of you who know what the top of my refrigerator looked like for two years, it is now CLUTTER-FREE!!! I sang a little tune when THAT happened! It's a MIRACLE!!! :)
*A perfectly blue sky, leaves changing colors and falling to the ground because of the strong breeze, and to top it all off, playing outside with my kids...I love moments like those!
*Two kids asleep.... ssssssssiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
*I made really yummy meatloaf tonight. Who knew that meatloaf was good?! :)
21st:
*Children can be such little terrors sometimes! How can they be so adorable and conjure up such feelings of love at one moment and be so evil the next? Don't worry, I say this with a smile on my face...kind of. :)
*Off to eat coconut meringue pie (my FAVORITE!!!!!!!), wrap up in a quilt, and watch something on tv. PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE don't wake up children! (It didn't happen...Ainsley woke up RIGHT when I hit "share".)
22nd:
*We just filled the firetruck tent with pillows and had storytime. It was so fun! :)
*Yesterday, as we were driving into town, Asher said to me, "When you were a little boy, and I was a mommy, I was driving you, Dr. Wilson fixed you, and you got a sucker!" Then he started talking about everything we don't eat. "We don't eat old food. We don't eat grass. We don't eat those signs...those lights...those cars...those trucks..." You get the picture. It was a good "lesson" for us all. :)
25th:
*Asher and Ainsley are up WAY too early this morning, and Asher said, "Do you want to play with me?" I said, "I'm enjoying sitting right here right now." Which he replied to, "I'd rather you play with me." "I'D RATHER!" So funny hearing that come out of a little guy's mouth! Then I needed to change his diaper, and he said, "In a minute. I need to do something really cool first." At least he's funny! :)
28th:
*Ainsley keeps walking behind the arm of the couch, peeking over, and saying, "Boo! Hahahaha!" It's so funny!
*Asher was outside playing, then came to the door saying, "Mommy, there are bugs EVERYWHERE! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!" It was really funny! And, by the way, there were NOT bugs EVERYWHERE! There was ONE on his tractor - and it was dead! We're trying to toughen him up! :)
*I know this is gross, but it's funny. First of all, sometimes Asher calls his boogers his "hamburgers". Secondly, he just said that his boogers were sad, because they wanted to stay in his nose. Who ever thought of their you-know-whats having feelings before?! :)
29th:
*Ainsley is holding a stuffed duck up by her head, rocking back and forth, and singing to it. It's so cute!
*We're in the process of taking down our HIDEOUS vertical blinds and putting up curtains upstairs - FINALLY! This makes me VERY HAPPY!

And that's October, folks! More to come...

No comments: