Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fat Joke of the Day and My Man

So here's Beau's FJOTD - for today and yesterday.

We were going to eat Chinese food. We pulled into the parking lot, and the sign said something like, "No trucks or trailers allowed in parking lot". Beau said, "I guess I could just drop you off at the door." Ba-dum-dum!

And today, I was having a wardrobe crisis before church. It was one of "those" mornings. I hate mornings like that! Anyway, Beau said, "I think I've got a tarp down at the shop that you could use for a dress." =)

And this isn't a fat joke, but it's another "funny" for Beau. I was very emotional yesterday evening - thanks to the good ol' pregnancy hormones, I'm sure. So he disappears for a while. I didn't know where he was, but he reappeared a while later, and all he had was a MUSTACHE!!! Yes, a little mustache that went from one side of his mouth to the other. It didn't curve or anything. It was just an ugly, straight, nasty mustache. Some people can pull it off, I know. But not my man! =) It was HILARIOUS!!! I laughed and laughed. And then I realized that he had done it just to make me laugh - because he knew I needed it. =) And for those of you who don't know - he ALWAYS has a very thick gotee - so this was QUITE a SHOCK! I wanted him to shave it off right away, but he had to save it until this morning. Funny man!

He's been my "hero" in more ways than making me laugh lately. Asher has been waking up at least once in the middle of the night lately - if not up to three times or so. And for a while I would go into his room and try to put him back to sleep - after letting him "fuss it out" on his own for a while - because that used to work. Anyway, we have come to find out that Beau has the magic touch these days with Asher and sleep. So, he is now "his" in the middle of the night. And AMAZINGLY, ALL Beau has to do is go into his room, pat him on his back, and say, "Night-night", and he lays back down and goes to sleep. One time Beau even said, "Night-night" down the hall, and Asher got quiet. When I have gone in there, it's taken me an HOUR to get him down - or I end up bringing him to bed with us - or he ends up being awake for the day at 5:00am or something crazy like that! It's very strange! But I'm not complaining. Beau obviously has something Asher needs right now - and that's fine with me. Less trips out of bed for me. I've got enough on my own because of this GROWING girl inside of me!!!

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

One more 'fat joke' for my girl and I'm gonna have to say to Beau... in a very firm motherly voice, "Don't make me come up there." I am glad that he can make you laugh though when you need it. All he had on was a mustache?!!! And you told us about it?!!! Oh my goodness!!!

Mama Jeannie said...

One more 'fat joke' for my girl and I'm gonna have to say to Beau... in a very firm motherly voice, "Don't make me come up there." I am glad that he can make you laugh though when you need it. All he had on was a mustache?!!! And you told us about it?!!! Oh my goodness!!!