Friday, August 22, 2008

This Marriage Thing

Last night Beau said, "It's like we've got this marriage thing figured out or something." We had had such an "Americana" evening. I mean, don't get me wrong, it wasn't like there were butterflies dancing around and music playing or anything. But I fixed a good dinner (home-made meatloaf, which I had never done before) while Beau played with Asher. We sat down at the table (which we've only been doing again for the last few nights, because our table is finally cleared off from the "summer clutter") and ate like a "real" family. =) Then Beau took out the kitchen trash AND the diapers WITHOUT me asking!!! (That was a big deal.) =) He even put a new bag in the laundry room for the diapers. And that's when he said that we had this marriage thing figured out. And then it happened. I went in to clean up the kitchen, and what do I find??? A trash can WITHOUT a new bag in it. He RUINED it!!! =) Just kidding. But we got a kick out of it. We thought we had "arrived". =)

4 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

You are too funny... you and Beau. You probably do have this marriage thing figured out for the most part... more than some at least, but it continues to be a learning/giving/loving process, doesn't it? Don't you just love evenings like that; where everything and everybody does their share and things go relatively smoothly... until the empty trash syndrome hits. hahaha

Emily said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....(pause, deep breath)....hahahahahahahahahaha

Sara said...

THAT is hilarious! You dork!!!

Amy said...

Remember my trash last time you were here? I'm not sayin'... I'm just sayin'.