Friday, October 17, 2008

Asher...

One more quick post before I take a nap! I know I could easily get sucked into this computer and miss it all together, so I have to hurry before it's too late... =)

Asher has been so funny lately...not that he ever isn't...well, sometimes he isn't! =) This morning, he said that he had bonked his head on the rock, then he randomly started saying, "sheet rock". Sheet rock?! I'm sorry, but that's funny! What not-yet-two-year-old has ever even heard the words "sheet rock", much less says them?! That's funny! Later, out of the blue, he was saying, "two months". I don't know what he was talking about or where he got that, but that's also funny. =) We were watching "The Price is Right" this morning - doesn't everybody do that in the mornings??? And he loved it by the way. =) And he said, "Funny show!" I love it that he's talking more and more. He amazes us - probably because we're his biased parents - but he amazes us nonetheless. He was looking at a book of his this morning, and in it there is a picture of a little boy with shorts only on, and he has a water hose with water spraying out of it. So Asher lifts up his shirt and says, "Pour water Asher." He wanted THAT water in the book to be sprayed on him. It took him a minute or two to figure out that we had to pretend. It was cute.

I've thought of several little tidbits that I wanted to blog about in the last couple of days, but then the moment passes and I forget. Beau had a brilliant idea when I told him that - to write it down. So I'm going to have to start jotting things down when I think of them, because otherwise I forget. I'm so glad I've got a smart husband. =)

Ok. I'm off to my nap. And even as I typed that, Ainsley squeaked. We'll see if I can pull it off. Here's to hoping!!!

3 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Well, I hope Asher stopped squeaking and went back to sleep. Did you get a nap in? Anyway, Asher is funny, but his funny mama makes what he does even funnier. By the way, when I shared your story of "June Cleaver and Me" with a co-worker, she laughed and then very seriously said "The only thing that can really make you feel like June Cleaver is Vicadin." Cracked me up! She said, "I can take a Vicadin and wake up in the middle of the night thinking, 'I love George; I don't know why I would ever get so upset with him. I love my kids; they are so sweet. Why would I ever be upset with them. Life is so wonderful.'"

Emily said...

He is a funny boy and the vicodin story is funny too, maybe I should try that. I need to write things down too, I always forget the hilarious things that Claire says/does everyday.

Sara said...

Vicadin DOES sound like a good idea. =) And it was Ainsley that squeaked - not Asher. Asher ended up taking a really long nap, and Ainsley woke up at three, ate for a few minutes, then went back to sleep for a long time. So I did get a little nap. It was nice - and much needed! Now I'm trying to decide if I want to go into town or wait until tomorrow. If I go tonight, I can go alone. If I wait until tomorrow, I have to take the kids. But Dina's birthday is tomorrow, so I want to get her something.