Wednesday, October 22, 2008

These are a Few of My Favorite Things...

I love it when I ask Asher a question like, "Are you ready to go night-night?" or "Are you hungry?" And he answers with a song: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah..." or "Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope..." You get the picture. It's so funny!

I love finding things stashed places by Asher. On his little Fisher Price barn is a thing (I don't know what the "thing" is called) where there's an opening at the top (and that's where he puts his toys) and a door that you raise at the bottom. And a lot of times, if I raise the door I'll find as many little random balls, animals, cars, etc. in there as he can fit.


He's got this other toy that is kind of like a loopty slide that goes around and around. It's made to let little balls slide down, but there was a season where that was his place to stash any little toy he could find.

This afternoon after I put him down for his nap, I was cleaning up the living room. I was about to put up Beau's boots when I found a little superhero (or some kind of miniature guy) that Asher had stuck in the bootstrap. I don't know if anyone else can appreciate it, but it's just cute to me to see how his little mind works.

And how could these faces NOT be one of your favorite things?! I love my funny guys!!!






6 comments:

Emily said...

I love your favorite things!

Mama Jeannie said...

I love this post Sass. And your funny guys are so.... well, they are just so funny! :0)

Mama Jeannie said...

Do you ever feel like no one reads your blog? That's how I feel. when I have two comments and 'the sisters' have 16, I have to fight the urge to stop writing altogether. If you've had thoughts like that; just consider yourself encouraged to NEVER stop writing Sass. What you have to say is important and I love your 'kid stories' so much! Maybe if I had pictures... another reason to invest in a good digital camera I guess. :0)

Sara said...

Yes, I definitely feel like no one reads my blog...besides you and the sisters. =) But that's ok. I know that Barbara and Holly Doughty do too - they just don't know how to comment. =)

Sara said...

And one more thing...this is my way of documenting the lives of our family - for myself just as much or more than for other people, so that's what "keeps me going". =) But I'm definitely glad that you and the others that enjoy it do!

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'm a reporter writing an article on bloggers and how sometimes they feel no one reads their posts. I would like to interview you. Please send me your email to aea2125@columbia.edu and I'll explain more.

Thank you very much for your time!

Ana