Monday, October 20, 2008

Ugggh!

We had a most terrible evening last night. I've mentioned before that Ainsley has been having a spitting up problem. Not just little spit up...but it comes from the depths of her. I had also said that I thought maybe it was getting better. Well, I'm not so sure. The last several evenings (except for one) she's been really fussy - I mean REALLY fussy! It's very hard to keep her calm. It's as if she's in pain. So we burp her and feed her (when it seems like she's hungry) and swaddle her and bounce her...and we try EVERYTHING! Well, last night she spit up BIG four times I think, so we would have to change her clothes - which she wasn't in the mood for. It was just a mess. And she was exhausted from the whole thing, but she wouldn't go to sleep. Finally a little after 11:00, I think, we were all in bed. Thank the Lord! It was SO sad to see her like that - and so exhausting for us, of course. Anyway, please pray for her. She's doing really, really well in most ways. But we're having a hard time figuring her tummy out. We're actually taking her to the doctor in the morning just to see what his input is. If there's something we can do to help her, we want to do that! And of course I've thought about the possibility that there's something that I've been eating or drinking that's not agreeing with her. But it seems like if that were the case, she would be upset more than just in the evenings. I don't know. But we'll welcome any prayers for her tummy and emotional state, wisdom for us...and rest! And while you're at it, you can also pray that Asher will stop waking up in the middle of the night (again!) or in the EARLY morning. We're not sure what's up with that either. He's cutting three molars right now, so it could be that. Kids are a mystery!!! With that, I'll bid you farewell. It's naptime!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I hate that you are having to deal with this. I hope that the doctor will be able to figure it out and help you fix it ASAP. I will pray for you guys, I know how tired you must be.

Mama Jeannie said...

Just talked to you on the phone and I am soooo glad you had a good night last night and that the doc didn't find anything serious. Thank You Lord for hearing and answering prayer.