Friday, October 17, 2008

June Cleaver and Me

How does life go from completely ideal to completely overwhelming in less than a second? This morning, I was in the kitchen holding Ainsley in my left arm, Asher was sitting on the counter helping me stir muffin batter, and I felt like I was June Cleaver or something. =) It was one of those moments that was like the ones I dreamed about growing up...one of those I pretended to have when I was a little girl. I was doing what I was made for. It was so fun. But the next thing I knew I was sitting on the couch, looking really beautiful (not really!) in my mismatching pjs and pony-tailed hair, trying to calm down a sad baby and trying to keep Asher from rolling trucks on her head or throwing balls at her. Chaos I tell you! =) Oh well! I suppose that's my life now. And I wouldn't trade it...although it isn't very "pretty" sometimes!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I totally pretended to have June Cleaver moments too, funny how fictional TV is. I rarely have them now that I am real mom.